Diana Benedetti was born and raised in Cartagena, Colombia. As a child growing up in her hometown and as an adult when she moved to the U.S. in 1989, the nature of the human condition has intrigued her and has made her look within herself, finally discovering her devotion and mission in life. Diana’s ideas and experiences are the spark that inspired her creations. She uses nature, color and objects as tools to convey a message of hope, faith and love.
Diana has worked professionally as a full time artist for more than 30 years. She started attending Beaux Art School in Cartagena when she was only 11 years old. She has also been to college as a fine arts student in Georgia State University, Miami Dade College and University of Miami. In UM, Diana attended Art History courses, which have sharpened her judgment, broaden her perspective to use her childhood and life as a wife and mother, as fountain of inspiration for her work.
Diana Benedetti’s pieces are full of vibrant colors with textures that enrich their content. She uses oils, because she believes it is a very noble medium. “I love its brightness and smooth consistency, which lets me manipulate the paint in many ways. I also love the slow drying time and the durability of oils: With the appropriate technique, works in oil will last a lifetime.”
As a mature artist, Diana is exploring abstraction, not leaving behind realism and trompe l’oeil. She uses symbols which come together to tell a story of human nature, of our perfection and imperfections. Diana feels her mission is accomplished when her art influences the viewer.Through her talent she aspires to improve the world and somehow, make it a better place to live.
2010 Courses in Art History; University of Miami, Coral Gables, Fl.
1993 Fine Arts in University of Miami in Coral Gables Florida.
1990 Fine Arts in Miami Dade Community College in Miami, Florida.
1987 Tourism Management in Universidad Jorge Tadeo Lozano in Cartagena, Colombia.
1984 Fine Arts Studies in Georgia State University in Atlanta, Georgia.
1982 Drawing with Master Jean Pierre Accault in Escuela de Bellas Artes in Cartagena, Colombia.
1976 Drawing and painting in Norah Lennon’s workshop in Cartagena, Colombia.
2019 STORY OF A WOMAN: ISABEL SHOP- South Miami, Fl.
2016 ARTIST OF THE YEAR:HISPANIC HERITAGE EXHIBITION-GOVERNOR’S MANSION – Tallahassee, Fl
2013 PAREDES QUE HABLAN – Martina Diers Gallery-Wuppertal, Germany
2012 BACK TO BASICS – The Wirtz Gallery, Miami, Fl
2010 LET’S TALK ABOUT LOVE” – The Wirtz Gallery, Miami, Fl
2009 “A PESAR DE LA TORMENTA” – Mesa Fine Art, Sto. Domingo, Dominican Rep.
2007 CHICA MORALES GALLERY – Hotel Estelar -Cartagena, Colombia.
2006 “EXPRESIONES” – O&Y Gallery- Coral Gables,Florida
2006 “SECRETOS” – Galeria de la Aduana- Barranquilla, Colombia.
2005 “REFLEXIONES” – LA-Art Gallery – San Salvador, El Salvador.
2004 “Vida Interior” – Kapz Atmosphere Gallery, Coral Gables, Florida.
2003 “PENSAMIENTOS” – Kapz Gallery, Coral Gables, Florida.
•ART SANTA FE- Artists Solo Project– Santa Fe, NM
• ADC FINE ART- Art Comes Alive 2017: Juried Competition – Cleveland,Ohio
• THE RED SHOW-Online Exhibition – Linus Galleries
• 30 BY 30- Off ArtBasel Show – The Archive Fine Art; Miami Fl
• THE VIEWING AT VIZCAYNE – ART DAYS. Miami, Fl
• XL and XS Formats – Maryland Federation of Art, Juried Exhibition; University of Maryland, Maryland, USA
• Nina Torres Fine Art – Group Exhibition – Miami, FL
• Small Works – Cristina Chacón Gallery – Miami, FL
• “Be Still Life”, Linus Gallery; Pasadena – California
• ART MIAMI – Miami Beach Convention Center – Miami Beach, Florida.
• “Music and Dance in Painting and Sculpture” Art Rouge Gallery – Coral Gables, Florida.
• The 22nd Salute to Florida Artists Riviera Country Club – Coral Gables, Florida.
• The 21th Annual Salute to Florida Artists Riviera Country Club – Coral Gables, Florida
• Teens Team up Against Cancer – Union Credit Bank: Miami, Florida.
• Art In the Tropics – Coral Gables, Florida.
• The 20th Annual Salute to Florida Artists Riviera Country Club – Coral Gables, Florida.
• “The Art of Cartagena” Colombian Consulate, Coral Gables, Florida.
• “The Art of Cartagena” City Hall of Coral Gables, Coral Gables, Florida.
• The 19th Annual Salute to Florida Artists, Riviera Country Club – Coral Gables, Florida.
• “NOCHES DE CARTAGENA” Union Planter’s Bank Coral Gables, Florida.
• “A JOURNEY THROUGH ART…” Luzma Gallery Miami, Florida.
• “NIÑOS DE PAPEL” FOUNDATION Diego’s Restaurant – Coral Gables, Florida.
• 1st Anniversary – KAPZ Gallery Coral Gables, Florida.
• US-Colombian Chamber of Commerce Art Exhibit II –Kapz Gallery Coral Gables, Florida.
• EXHIBITIONS HALL – Banco Santander Central Hispano Internacional- Miami, Florida.
• MUSEO DE ARTE MODERNO – Cartagena, Colombia.
• ARTEXPO New York.
• “PERSPECTIVAS” Florida Museum of Hispanic and Latin American Art
• Kiwanis of Colombia – Coral Gables, Florida.
• Consulado de Colombia – Coral Gables, Florida.
• “La Mansion de San Diego” – Cartagena, Colombia.
• ESCUELA DE BELLAS ARTES – Cartagena, Colombia.
• EXHIBITIONS HALL Banco Ganadero-Cartagena, Colombia.
- ADC FINE ART CONSULTANTS- ART COMES TO LIVE 2017: Award winner of Art Santa Fe Booth
- ARTAVITA Certificate of Excellence Artavita Online Contest #25
- Featured Artist for Hispanic Heritage Month, Tallahassee, Florida 2016